How to Become a Professional Software Developer
I’ve recorded this video about IT career based on my last week’s talk at the Java developers conference in Kiev, Ukraine. This is not a technical presentation, so anybody can listen to it. You may not agree with what I say, but hey, it’s my today’s opinion formed during my rather long career in IT.
In this presentation I touch upon the following subjects:
- The process of looking for a job (sending the resume, passing the interview, considering a offer, discussing the salary)..
- What’s the difference in interviewing Ukrainian and American programmers.
- Comparing employees and contractors.
- Are you really a senior developer?
- Keeping your skills up to date.
You can watch the video here. If you prefer, just download the mp3 and listen to it on the go. Back in 2008, I self-published a free e-Book titled “Enterprise Development Without the BS“, which is also covering IT career subjects. Give it a read.