After my first year of blogging I’ve decided to run through all the entries, statistics and some of my favorite blogs. These are the results:
1. I wrote 124 blog entries during the year. I usually write at 6AM before going to work.
2. As per blog-city statistics, during the month of May my blog had about 20K hits. I’m not exactly sure what the “hit ” means, but the number of them steadily grows.
3. Some people have subscribed to my blog so they receieve an email every time I publish an entry. I do not know who they are – subscriptions are anonymous
4. The following blog entry set up the record on the number of reads (I’m not sure why though): Java failure can lead to death
5. And these are my 10 blog entries that are a like more than others:
Why People in the USA are Polite and Smiley
My Upcoming vacation: JavaOne
Interviewing techniques: Give a second chance
Today’s morning commute
Eclipse to Borland: you can run but you can’t hide
Yakov on Joel I’ll meet Joel Spolsky in person next week at the conference in NYC
When computer programming will die out as a trade in the USA
Sun Microsystems must hire me. I’ll wait till they complete the announced layoffs…
Why do I blog? Because I like. I usually have my own opinion on everything that’s happening in the software industry, and since there are plenty of news every day, I just put my opinion on “paper ” without thinking twice. Some bloggers would say that they blog “to give back to the community “. What a BS! I do it for myself. Once in a while I write to promote my books, training, or whatever else. But I need you guys to read my blog. Please do so and leave your comments: I read each of them.
Have a great weekend!