This advanced Flex workshop has been very well received in New York City and Boston. The next destinations are Toronto (July) and London (September). These are some of the topics covered during these two days of immersion into the Flex and AIR world:
– Data binding and MVC under the hood
– Custom component life cycle
– Selected Design Patterns in Flex
– What are the options in linking Flex libraries to minimize the size of your application?
– Minimizing the download time of your Flex application (perceived and real)
-Pros and Cons of various methods of accessing the server tier
– Comparing LiveCycle Data Services and BlazeDS
– Basics of creating custom communication protocol adapters for BlazeDS/LCDS
– Making Flex messaging shine
– Server side push to Flex Clients in BlazeDS
– Data Synchronization with LCDS and BlazeDS
– How to staff Flex projects
– Comparing MVC Architectural Flex Frameworks( Cairngorm, Mate, PureMVC)
– Overview of Clear Toolkit (Log4Fx, Fx2Ant, Clear Data Builder, DTO2Fx)
-Application builds and continuous integration
-Reverse RPC ndash; a Java application server calls the Flex client
– Peer-to-peer remoting (a client calls a function on another client)
-Modularization of Flex applications with modules and sub-applications
– Flex Portals
– Occasionally Connected Applications with Adobe AIR BlazeDS
-Testing tools Flex applications
-Dealing with memory leaks in Flex applications
-Challenges of printing from Flash Player
-PDF generation on the client
-Open table discussion: real-world challenges and success stories of the workshop participants
What “s the size of the class?
Under 20 people
Is this a hands-on class?
No. It “s not possible to cover all these topics during two days in a hands-on set up. It “s a mix of lectures, live demos and code reviews
Do you provide any materials for the attendees?
Yes, Each attendee receives the hard and soft copy of all slides. We also provide the source code of all examples used during this workshop
Is it even possible to cover all this material in two days?
You won “t become an expert in these topics, but at least will get a good grasp of important concepts that will save you tons of time and efforts while working on your project. Based on the feedback from people who attended these seminars in the past, each person finds some solutions he “s been looking for to apply in his project.
What are the prerequisites for attending this seminar?
Having a hands-on experience with Flex is a must. Basic understanding of Java also helps.
Do you teach this seminar privately on-site?
Yes, we teach this seminar world-wide. Please send an email to yfain at faratasystems.com if you ‘d like to make arrangements.
Is there any other any other workshop that has similar curriculum?